Sunday, November 16, 2008

Baby Shuf! Week 22

Baby,
So much excitement this past week! After finding out that you're a girl, we took a tour of the hospital where you're going to be born. It's a really nice hospital, with original animation art on the walls, the perfect place for my daughter to be introduced to the world, surrounded by good drawings and paintings! So cool!!

But I think you already know all that, because you certainly seem excited about it. Your Mom says you're moving all the time now, sometimes after she eats, and sometimes (it seems) after you hear my voice and/or I'm talking about you (even over the phone!).

I've asked your Mom to describe your movements to me and she says there are two types; "Nudges," a little poke of an arm or a leg, and when you shift positions with your whole body, which I've called "Shuf." It's a term I learned from "Jellaby," a wonderful graphic novel by this cool dude named Kean Soo ( http://www.secretfriendsociety.com/index.php ) something I'll be reading to you when you get here.

So that's you lately, Shuf and Nudge, Shuf and Nudge.

Meanwhile, we're in the midst of trying to come up with a name for you. We're testing out a few on you, letting you hear it, allowing it to roll around in our mouths and ears, seeing what sticks. It's tough. We don't want to let you down on this one. It'll be your name for your whole life. It's kind of a big deal. Just like you.

If you hear one you really like, just give us a little Shuf or a Nudge. That'll help us maybe narrow it down a bit.

Talk to you soon baby girl.

Love,
Daddy

No comments: